Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Awwwweee How Sweet

I was sitting in Lulee's room cleaning up the playdough that was on her floor when she ever so graciously brought me a cup of water. My initial thought was how sweet, I am thirsty. My second thought was, oh crap where did this water come from.

This past week has been the ultimate "I'll do it myself" week. She is a little over 2 1/2 now and she wants to dress herself, potty by herself, feed herself, and every other thing you can think of BY HERSELF.

She has been taking her stool everywhere with her. She has been turning the lights and fans on. She has been washing her hands by herself without our knowledge until the evidence presents itself.

She has been doing really well washing her own dishes in her little play kitchen. She even decided the pretend faucet wasn't doing enough for her. She needed to poor her whole sippy cup full of water in her sink and get the forbidden soap "HERSELF" and wash her dishes for real.

So back to the cup of water she ever so graciously brought me while I was in her room, it was retrieved from none other than the potty!!! And NO I DID NOT DRINK IT. I know not to ever drink or eat anything a child this age brings you. Act proud of them, but don't be stupid. The food might have been dipped in potty gravy......you never know!!!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Especially if she's toting her "stool" around everywhere! LOL!

Mandy said...

Ha-ha!!!! You got that right!!!:)