Monday, November 4, 2013

Apparently I'm British...

Our lives are so full of surprises...and apparently learning that your British is one of them.

Last night Hubby and I were hanging out watching tv and he leans over and says "Oh yeah, this guy at work asked me if you were British." Wha???  Only if I'm reinacting Britney Spears am I British!!! Not that being British wouldn't be cool.  I'm totally down with fish n chips and red telephone booths and all. But, what tha?!?!

So I asked him why in the world would he ask him that question.  He said apparently at his last year's company Christmas party the guy's wife heard me talk and thought I was talking with a British accent. I HAD to ask how much the lady had to drink.  I mean, I am a good ol' southern gal, with a good ol' southern accent, sweet as molasses. ;)

Speaking of...I have had so many people talk about my ACCENT who live here, but are not from here. Never, have I been accused of a British one, however.  Haha!!!!  I do HAVE an accent if I'm visiting elsewhere, but when you are in my neck of the woods, you are the one with the accent.  Just sayin'.

No comments: