Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Doodlebop's Concert



Oh my Goodness!!! Let me tell you about our Doodlebops concert. We had a BLAST!!!! I had inquired about the price of tickets right when I heard about them coming to town and the prices were outrageous. At least the ones that were closer to the stage. I called hubby and I told him that the Doodlebops were coming that night. We decided at the last minute to purchase tickets. By waiting so long, plus being thrifty as I am and not wanting to spend too much we purchased the tickets that were located in the upper mezzanine. I figured Lulee would not really get much out of it since we would be up so high and that it probably wouldn't keep her interest. Hubby talked me into getting the tickets anyway and thought maybe we could meet them afterwards. After all, we did take Sadie Bug to see her special Hannah Montana concert (not live, the 3-D one). Sadie Bug enjoyed her special night so much that we wanted Lulee to have a special night as well. :)

When we got there all the vendors were set up with all these overpriced items that you try hard to avoid when going to a concert. We ended up getting her a Doodlebops coloring book ($5) which she was just as happy to get as well as anything else we could have gotten her.

We went to locate our seats and I forgot how bad my anxieties were about heights and closed in areas. I mean I can ride in a helicopter and be fine, but put me in an arena where I feel too high up and closed in and we have a problem. I told hubby that I don't know how I was going to get down after going up that high. I thought I was going to have to scoot on my bootie all the way down. Thank God after they turned the lights off, my anxieties diminished and I was able to come down the steps like a normal person.

So anyway, about the concert, Lulee was soooooo excited when the Doodlebop's music came on and they started coming out on stage. Get this , she is almost two and she held her hands up in the air and started screaming like a little adult!!! It was so cute and so sweet!!! She enjoyed the concert immensely and it held her attention the whole time. We were able to see a whole lot better than I thought we would be able to. She sang along with all the songs and she was clapping her hands throughout the whole thing.


We were so glad that we took her to the concert. She really had a great time, as much as we did knowing she enjoyed it so much. There was a part in the concert where the Doodlebops asked the kids to lean over and thank whoever brought them. Lulee leaned over and kissed me then she kissed her Daddy. I don't know if she really understood what they said or if it was just a time to give her kisses out. :)




Afterward we stopped and ate at Subway. She 's not really much of an eater. When we got her sandwhich we told her that it was Doodlebop food and they like to eat sandwhiches. She ate it all!!! I was soooo happy. Whatever works right???

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! You have been busy! Love the photos and stories. Keep them coming. Give hugs and kisses to the girls for me.
Love,
Aunt Jolie