Thursday, March 20, 2008

Homemade Playdough

Staying at home with your little ones has lots of advantages, I have learned. I can do things that I never would have thought about before. I called a friend of mine the other day and told her that I was thinking about making playdough. Before I could even get the thought out of my mouth, she had mentioned that she had a link to this website that she is sending me that will tell you step by step instructions. Thanks Stephanie. :) The link is: www.instructables.com/id/How-to-Make-Playdough-(Play-doh)/




I followed the instructions and presto, we had our very own playdough. I will have to admit that I did burn my first batch. After you read the instructions you will probably wonder how in the world I burned it because it is supposed to be on a low heat. Well, I'm not going to admit how I did it, just that I did. Ha-ha!!!





I used a lot of gel food coloring instead of liquid food coloring. I don't really know if it makes a difference, since this is my first time, but I wanted to get really bright vivid colors.




It turned out pretty good if I do say so myself. Now I think I am going to learn how to do other crafty projects. I will be the craftiest mom on the block. Ha-ha!!! I'm talking quilts, hair bows, you name it.


1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Yeeeaaaahhh....I'm good at commenting about things before people finish talking. ;oD And BTW, the play-doh looks great. Hubby and I did liquid food coloring (almost a whole little plastic thingy of it!) and the colors weren't nearly as vivid as yours, so you did great! I'll definitely have to keep in mind to use gel next time!