Wednesday, July 30, 2008

How much can they remember???

My hubby and I were out in our pool with Little Lulee the other day. She loves to "chwim" as she calls it.

I was asking her all kinds of things just enjoying the moment with her when I came up on this one question she got very excited about. I asked her "Do you remember being born ?". She looked at me and said "Uh huh, arm". I said "what about your arm?" She took her hand and punched her fist up toward the sky.

Some of you know that when I had her I had to have an emergency C-Section because she was trying to come out arm first. Which by the way, the day before we went to see the new Superman Returns movie. Coincidence??? Maybe. Ha-ha!! So there she was with her hand down and the doc did an exam and she grabbed his hand. The doc was surprised to say the least. He even let hubby check the hand out before birth. Lulee was waiving at him.

I don't recall her ever hearing her whole birth story, I mean it's possible. It is just so cute and shocking to ask her the question and she will look at you and shoot her arm fist first up into the air every time.

We took her to the doc for a routine check up, which by the way she did beautifully at this visit which is really saying alot for this doctor. We switched doctors recently from one that had been my oldest's doctor for thirteen years. I was really anxious about meeting the new doctor because Lulee is always so scared of any medical facilities.

This doctor was amazing. She came in and decided to stay far away from Lulee and said she wanted to talk to Mom and Dad to get to know about her. She grew really comfortable with the doctor and then the doctor saw birdies in her ear and Lulee fell in love with her at that moment.

Almost everyday since the visit she has said over and over how she did good at the doctor and she will also say "Mommy, I like it Doctor". This is really nothing short of a miracle.

Anyway, while we were there we told her of the birth story and what happens when we ask her "the question". She asked the most obvious question of whether she has heard the birth story or not, but she said that there have been stories that babies have remembered stuff from birth, so maybe Lulee does remember.

Maybe we all remember stuff like that, but the older we get we lose those memories when replaced with more current memories.

It definitely makes you think.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

thats cool i bet she does remember! :) I love you mom! Bye!
Sadie

Stephanie said...

I still think she heard you talking about it on the phone or something, but regardless, it's adorable and it DOES make you think. I wonder if Punky remembers having a plunger on her head to get her out....;oD

Stephanie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

She really did that with her arm, and she really did wave at me when Wifey and I were waiting for the Luleester, I do have to say Superman Returns did just come out at the theater, but we did not get to see Superman Returns the movie until it came out on DVD, well actually I didn't but Wifey may have seen him since she was flying on alot of pain meds ;) jk my love. P.S. our pool is now full of grass and only 2 inches deep.

A couple of cute kiddos said...

Apparently I typed the wrong thing, I meant to say it came out in the theatres we didn't go see it. We actually had gone to have a yummy seafood meal at Red Lobster.

Thanks Hubby for catching my mistake and saying something about it before I caught it myself and could've very discreetly edited it.

Now I've been called out. Ha-ha!! Love you and thanks for the comment. :)