Monday, March 5, 2012

~ Hello Monday ~

This Monday started off with a bang or I guess I should say loud annoying music. This music was set to go off every minute, 5 times from a little rectangular shaped device called my cell phone.  My night owl till early a.m. Hubby decided that it was appropriate to set my alarm 5 times so that I would wake up and take our middle child, Lulee, to school.  This is something he normally does on his way to work and I stay home with Brynlea,our two year old.

We went out last night to celebrate one of our best friend's 40th B-day party.  We didn't stay late, however someone who is not supposed to eat sugar (moi) decided not only to carb it up with Mexican food, but then dig in to the butter cream frosted cake that was calling my name sooooo loud.  It was so loud I ended up having two pieces and one was a corner piece.  So the reason I'm telling you this is I was pretty much comatosed this a.m. when those 5 alarms went off in my ear.  I thought something was wrong with my phone.  I kept sliding dismiss into the magic circle so it would SHUT UP!!! Then another one would come....I just about broke my smart (ahem) phone!!!

I asked Hubby what is wrong with my phone, it keeps going off.  He sleepily and inaudibly admitted to setting the alarms so I could take Lulee to school. I think if he had told me he needed me to take her and set the alarm once that would've been good.  I don't know who or what I resent more right now, my phone or my Hubby.  I don't even want to look at my phone. I was at least able to give hubby a kiss before he headed out to go to work. ;)

Thank God Lulee is 5 and not 15 or she would have hated me this morning.  We were pressed for time as I found out that the reason Hubby stayed up so late is he was working on our "new to us" van.  Stayed up until 4...Ugggh...he's in for a long day.  I guess I should go ahead and do a crock pot din din for us tonight. Anywho, I had to take my 16 year old Sadie Bug's car to drive Lulee to school and I had jammies on thinking that I was going to make the car rider line......WRONG.....DARN TRAFFIC!!!

So I ended up in the "where the crud should we all park? We are all about to be late!!!" parking lot jam. I was like, forget this looking for a place to park.  I'm just going to park on the side in the back and park illegally for the moment with the car parked sideways through three spaces....I was counting down the seconds.  We jetted out of the car, I guided her through the mob of "soon-to-be-late" kiddos and parents by her hoodie and there we found ourselves at the top of the steps with the door held open for us....no time to spare.  I heard the church bells ring and the sun shone down on us and they were saying "HALLELUJAH, HALLELUJAH..." 

Ok, maybe that was in my mind.  It really went down like this....we reached the top of the steps, I told her "run, you're gonna make it on time, I love you!!!" Then I had a conversation with this stranger about how odd I must look in my jammies (Hubby's pants).  As I was running off to the car I mentioned that I was having a hard time keeping my hubby's pants up and to have a great day!!! Haha!!!  As if I had to mention I was having problems keeping my pants up....I kept grabbing those suckers and pulling them up.

You all have a GREAT MONDAY!!!

No comments: