Wednesday, March 7, 2012

What Not to Wear...

I'm one of those that will re-wear an outfit that I've worn a day or two before and I'm sure I'm not the only one that does this, I'm sure....whether you admit it or not. Ha!!! While I'm at it, I'll just tell you that I don't wash my hair every day either. I wash my my hair about 2 to 3 times a week, if I'm lucky ;)

The other night we celebrated our friends birthday dinner at a Mexican restaurant.  When we walked in there and gave her a hug, she told me how good I smelled.  I had Candy, Baby lotion on from Victoria's Secret.  It does smell pretty good, if I do say so myself. ;)  I have put on a few pounds so I did the layered look with this cute outfit and felt pretty good about myself...I did up my face with my makeup just right, had my boots on and matching jewelry to boot (pretty punny huh?!?)

So I had to go to the eye doctor with our oldest kiddo, Sadie Bug, and decided to recreate "the look." I got dressed put on the same outfit, jewelry, boots, makeup...etc..., but noticed my outfit did NOT smell like Candy, Baby! It smelled like I was a walking fajita or even worse a dirty armpit. So what did I do??? I thought if I added my Candy, Baby! and rubbed it all over my clothes and a little in my hair, I'd be good to go.

We were rushing out the door, as always and I didn't notice the nicely scented, dirty armpit smell until we opened the door to the Dr.'s office. Here I was feeling confident because I thought that my lotion masked the stench, but it didn't...it's pleasant odor was in effect long enough for the 3 minute drive and then I sat there the rest of the time wondering if the Dr. thought the smell was MY underarms or not.  It was even in my hair.  Every time I turned my head the strong smell nearly knocked me out.

 I felt like I had to explain what the stench was everywhere I went....however I didn't. I pretended not to notice. You know like when you sneeze and you accidentally pass gas at the same time and you just clear your throat and hope no one notices and you look straight ahead like you are oblivious. Oh come on, you know you've done THAT one too.

Well, lesson learned.  I now know WHAT NOT TO WEAR. Oh and I guess I will be washing my hair after every time of eating at a Mexican restaurant.

1 comment:

Jolie said...

I still crack up when I read this, over and over again! :)