Thursday, May 29, 2008

Stop the Madness....

My gosh, this day has been INSANE!!!!

So I wake up this morning and first thing Hubby asks me is to please go get twenty 40lbs. bags of topsoil in my minivan. Ok........ so I went to get the 800 lbs. of wet dirt and come back to the house, proud, but my suspension on my van almost dragging. Ha-ha!!!

My Mother and my youngest went with me and we had to listen to my little one scream and cry the whole way back. We are potty training and she thinks she has to pee-pee all the time. I pulled over for her once at a gas station and yes she did go. She asked me at least five more times after that. Three times at which I tried to appease her and get her into a bathroom. When guess what, once we made it there she refused to go and got really upset if I tried to take her pants down.

OK!!!!!!! No more trips to the potty we are homeward bound!!! I am NOT pulling over one more time.

So we get home and she has not had a regular nap in three days. Yesterday took a nap at 6 and did not go to sleep for the night until midnight. Today we have had four roofing companies come over to give us estimates on our roof and to assess any hail damage. So, I'm thinking ok the first appt. is at 8:30am, the second at 10:00am, third 3:30 and the fourth at 5:00.

We were late getting to Home Depot so therefore we were on the late side getting home (around 12:45). I am wondering how in the world am I going to get my child to take a nap. She was not wanting to take one at this time because my nephews were over and she wanted to play. Around 3:00 I thought would be the perfect time to try to get her down for her nap before the guy comes around 3:30. Low and behold if the neighbor child does not start up his extremely loud dirt bike right beside the bedroom window. Ok, well now I have another shot at getting her to sleep before the 4:20 before the 5:00 guy shows up. Can you believe it, here goes the dirt bike starting back up AGAIN and Oh, no!!! The 5:00 guy is ringing the doorbell and he is 40 minutes early. Lets try again once he leaves around 5:30.

So I take her to pee-pee before her nap and see she has something in her mouth. As I am trying to pry her mouth open to see what it is, she is saying "chew chew, chew chew" (her lingo for gum). At this point I have no idea where she got it from, hoping it was new and not from someone's shoe!!! Ok, I see, Daddy put his pack of gum on the night stand. Thank God!!!

Ok so she is really getting sleepy now and she has already pee-peed, but apparently not enough because she has now tinkled all over me and the couch. I only knew this because I caught her rubbing it all over with her hand.

So, I decided I need to put a diaper on her during nap time and went in to her bedroom to get a diaper. I stepped in something cold and mushy and looked up to see one of my kitties slinking away out of sight. The kitty had barfed up a hairball and when I thought the quarter sized area that I had to clean was gross enough, I found yet another one 5 times as big!!!!

Now she is a little more awake so now it is time for another snack and I wanted some cheerios. I filled up the bowl because I was planning on sharing it with Lulee. I walked across the living room and spilled some, ran to get a towel to clean it up and darn if I didn't do it AGAIN!!!

After that, we ate, I went to check my email really quick and she tried to climb up the barstool. She fell backwards and hit the back of her head on the ground. Poor thing. I felt really bad for her. I had to kiss her all over and make sure she was ok and to let her know that I understood that she is just over tired and very accident prone at this time.

She finally ended up going to sleep around 6:15 and I tried to wake her up around 45 minutes later. She was so out of it I couldn't force her to stay up. She woke up again around 7:30. It will be interesting to see what time she goes down for the night. :(

Man, this household is OVERDUE some sleep!!! I need to stop all the madness and put a ban on all bodily functions from the kitties on up!!!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Here's to more sleep! Get tough with her and show her there WILL be sleep in your house, haha. And when all else fails, benedryl works. ;oD j/k

Anonymous said...

wow!!!sometimes when I get a cup of coffee and read your blog it reminds me how blissfully serene it can be here.....love to read about the kiddos....especially when we cannot complete a sentence with so much going on

love,

mama