Thursday, May 22, 2008

Warning: Sounds like a Christmas brag letter

School is finally out for summer!!!! This is the second year that I have been able to stay home with kiddos. Thank you God and thanks hubby ;) I have been waiting a whole year to have this time again with my children. We have had a lot going on this year. It has been one milestone after another between both children and also for hubby reaching thirty. Ha-ha!!!

Sadie Bug has impressed me so much with her growth in maturity this year. She has gone through really tough times with peers and I'm sure it will only get worse before it gets better. She made cheerleading at the end of 6th grade to cheer for her 7th grade year. There was a situation that occured that ultimately cut her cheerleading venture short, due to lack of honesty and integrity in some of the sponsors. I won't go into details and rehash, but those of you who are close have heard this story over and over. Anyway, Sadie Bug, as hurt as she was, held her head up high and made the best of her 7th grade year anyway. She strove hard to be the girl with the most school spirit in spite of not being able to show it off in the form of cheerleading. She wore her school shirts, ran for SGA Secretary and made it, worked really hard to make great grades and spent her weekends working on projects and getting help with math. She worked really hard for all of this and it really paid off.

This past week was awards day at Sadie Bug's school. She told me "Mom, you don't have to come if you don't want to. Because I probably won't get an award anyway". I told her I wouldn't care if she got one or not, I'll still be there. She has worked hard and she gets one in my eyes anyway and I wouldn't miss it.

We sat there throughout the whole thing and I didn't see her and found out later that she had not seen me until the end. One award after another was being handed out and then all the sudden there were just two awards left. These awards were not just the "names put on paper" awards. These were actual trophy awards that had the children's names engraved in them. Yes, you guessed it Sadie Bug's name was called and she walked up to receive her award with such surprise and such a proud look on her face.

I was sitting right there at the table where they had the awards and she was so glad that I came. She said she was about to cry thinking that I might not be there because she didn't see me. I better take advantage of this while it lasts. Teenage years are approaching really quick!!!!

This award is called the Citizenship award. Teachers nominate their students for this particular award. I am so proud that Sadie Bug received this award and that with all the effort she has put into this year, her teachers saw this and felt like she deserved it as much as I did.




You go Sadie!!!




Sadie Bug plays the clarinet, but decided to show us her hidden talent after attending her band banquet.




Lulee has made quite a few accomplishments this year as well. She has cut all her teeth with the exception of the top two year molars, she has learned to walk and talk, she has learned to count and spell her name (not the nickname either). She has learned to sing songs as well as her ABC's...

Right now we are working on potty training. We started out giving jellybeans every time she went. She figured that one out real quick. She kept going to the potty even when she didn't have to go because she got half of one for trying. We decided to get her a toy every once in a while instead for her progress. Nana got her a bright yellow ball with soft spikes all over (her favorite), Nanny gave her a card with lots of encouraging words and her very first 2 dollar bill. This has worked very well. Oh yeah, we broke down and bought her her very own pink potty. She is soooo excited about her pink potty. She carried it to the bathroom herself.

Yesterday we went all day without any accidents. All day and all night to be exact. Thank you God!!! I hope this is it!!!




She had to be directed where to go since it was a little bigger than her. Ha-ha!!!




Here she is proud of the new potty!!! She had to try it as soon as it was out of the box.



I also want to thank all our family members and friends that have been so supportive and caring with our kiddos. Anytime they do something exciting or special they want to call you first and let you know. Even Lulee has to get on the phone and tell you "I pee pee in the potty".
You all are what family and friends are all about!!!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I'm proud of your kiddos, too. Sadie is a wonderful kid and Alexandra is, too. Way to go Sadie!!! Way to go Lulee! Funny how your kids are at such different stages of their lives!