Thursday, May 22, 2008

Things that children say...aren't they cute

The other day we went to church and Lulee wanted to go to the bathroom. I think she wants to check out any bathroom a store or any other building has to offer. She takes that after big sister. Sadie bug would always do that too. No matter how soon before she had gone to the potty, she had to check out the new one.

So anyway, I took her into the church bathroom, which BTW did not have an empty stall. Once we got in the stall and it was my turn, she looks up at me and says "I pooted Mommy, I pooted". Believe me, this had to have been the loudest she had ever said this to me. I was cracking up on the inside, but five times the shade of red on the outside, even if we were in our own stall. :)

I quickly tried to resolve the situation by pulling on the toilet paper roll and said "Yes Lulee you did pull it" , hoping that it might have sounded like what she had said. She looked at me with a very confused look like I did not understand what she had said to me. I just hugged her tight and we shared a very quiet giggle between ourselves and proceeded to head out of the Ladie's room.

What is so funny though, my Nanny came over a couple of days before this and Lulee had told her the same thing that she said in the bathroom. Nanny told her that's good, but you may not want to say that kind of stuff in church.

When we got to church I think maybe she thought about what Nanny had said, but forgot the part where she said NOT to.

I am still laughing over this one and it happened about two weeks ago!!!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Very clever, my friend, very clever. However, the other ladies were probably snickering at you instead of Alexandra by this point. ;oD HA! they were probably thinking, "that poor woman, that is NOT what her child just said." I'm cracking up over here.