Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Fun Day Off for Veteran's Day

Yesterday was a fun, laid back day for the Fam. Sadie Bug was home from school. Hubby was able to be with us, Lulee was loving it all. We made the most of our day without going anywhere. Sometimes it is nice to do just that, when you are constantly running here and there.


We started out with a nice breakfast together, which we hardly ever get to do with Sadie Bug because she is out to meet the bus so early. We then spent time together watching our favorite shows. Then came the really fun stuff. We started painting Sadie Bug's room, upon her request. It was a really calming and pretty color of blue (kind of like the toothepaste color) and now it is a brighter, pretty shade of orange. I helped hubby paint a small amount. I did the trim work around the doors and the windows and then he did the rest. It still needs a second coat, but it is looking good. All teens should be this lucky. To be able to request a color even if it is one that you may not agree with. Let them express themselves in as many areas of life as you can.

I wanted to paint my room black when I was a teen (I know that is a little much) and my Mom wouldn't let me. The closest she would compromise on was a dark green. I painted my room myself that weekend and learned to enjoy it almost as much as I would the black. I swore that when I got out on my own I would have a black room. Yeah, I've been on my own for a while now and I have yet to have my black room. I do have dark chocolate in my bedroom however. That's getting close right???

Anyway, we all enjoyed our day yesterday. I felt like we were giving Sadie Bug something she truly wanted. Lulee was satisfied with getting to play and spend time with Sister. Hubby loves to paint. I actually had some time for myself as well to work on my hairbows. With all the Green and Red ribbon that I have been using I feel like I can't distinguish between the two anymore. :)

I had lots of pictures to put on this post, but I'm having trouble loading them for some reason. Anyway, I will work on getting the pics put on soon. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love reading about your days with Ryan and kids.......I remember that lovely dark green room....I also remember the door panels being painted vivid colors of purple and black or was that Lori's room. Oh well, we did have fun with change.

Stephanie said...

Sounds like a fun day! Bryan had to work so it was just a normal day for us. Little did I know that night I would be in the ER! UGH!