Sunday, November 9, 2008

I'm aspiring to be more like my cats...

Our Relaxing kitties Lylah and Lizzie

Everyone who knows me, knows that I max out my day with everything possible that I can fit in and then some. I don't even know if I know how to relax. I am constantly trying to rack my brain to come up with ideas on how to make extra money for the family, even when it is not really needed. I clean my friend's house for her twice a month, I make and sell hairbows, and I sell things on ebay. I even started a new stay at home job today, receiving calls from customers, after already feeling overwhelmed and overbooked with my time.


It did not go well to say the least. There were several things we had to do to get ready for this job. We had to cancel our existing internet and phone service because they cut out intermittently ALL the time since we first signed up with them about a year ago. We had to sign up with another provider and get just a basic line with no call waiting, caller id, or voice mail. We also had to put a bi-fold door on our office to eliminate kiddo and animal noises that would be heard when taking the calls.


First two calls I got today, the headset that we purchased specifically for this job had a super loud buzzing in the line where they couldn't hear me and I got hung up on. The system did not work right. I had a man that was in his 90's and could not hear well (poor thing). I had to shout the scripts that had to be read verbatim to him along with all the 6 or 7 up sells. The F Keys that were required to maneuver throughout the screens did not work. I got booted out of their system twice. The phone disconnected a couple of times as well. Every time I tried to type information in, there was a delay of about 10 seconds with each key stroke! The customers were getting upset as was I.


It was truly a MISERABLE experience today. So much that I have decided to resign EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY for that specific skill not the company itself. Now whether they will assign a different skill for me or not is left to be determined.


Until then, I will continue being a full time Mommy with all the Mommy duties that come along with it, clean my friend's house twice a month, sell items on ebay, and make and sell my hairbows.


In the future, however, I believe that I am going to take the unspoken lessons that I have learned from my cats and JUST RELAX!!!!!


I would love to be in their shoes, or paws rather, for just ONE day!!!


Thanks for letting me vent.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I think you did a wonderful job today. It was without a doubt no reflection of your ability, my love, and I can attest to that! You handled it approximately, 100 times better than I would have ;) You keep focusing on all your talents and I will try to keep up.
Love your one and only, your captain of your sea vessel, your iron hammer for pounding steel, and your fine cut rock to top your favorite ring. LOVE YOUR HUBBY :) Oh yea and I bought you a rose to show my support lol

Anonymous said...

Do you have a website where you sell the hairbows? If so, please email it to me at shamelesslysassy [at] gmail [dot] com. I love to buy hairbows for Allie. It is so nice and cute that your husband leaves you blog comments! :)

Anonymous said...

if you want to relax more, become a beer drinker! GO BEER!
ali

Stephanie said...

Hope things get better soon!

Jolie said...

Things will get better soon, I promise!You are doing a great job (as a mom, mommy,wife & friend)keep up the good work. Call me if you need me, you know I would love to babysit anytime.(hint-hint) :)

Anonymous said...

OMG.....I'm exhausted once again just reading......thumbs up to you for handling and deciding to move on.....me thinks you do too much....just need to relax more.....you know, a cup of tea or decaff coffee and a book with short chapters...love, mama