Tuesday, November 11, 2008

A rough bath time....literally

Our two year old, Lulee, is so sweet trying to do for herself. Miss Independent tries to do everything by herself. She doesn't like when I try to give her bites of something. She wants to take it away from me and do it herself.

It was bath time the other night and she decided she was going to bathe herself. That's fine, I had a soft washcloth in there for her to use and she knows how to use the pump to get her body wash out. It looked like she had everything under control. She was all sudsied up, smiling and very proud of herself.

I was taking a bath with her and looked up and noticed that she had left the nice, soft little washcloth that I had gotten for her. She was definitely using something. It had suds all over it and I couldn't tell what it was. I grabbed it from her and rinsed it off. I can't believe I didn't even notice that she was washing with none other than a pumice stone. Why didn't she use her soft wash cloth that I had purposefully put in there for her?!?!?

She chose the hard pumice stone over the cloth!!! I told her "Lulee that is not for your body. It is for your feet!". Of course her reply was the same reply that I have heard a hundred times over lately. "WHY?"

Apparently her technique of exfoliating her body didn't seem to bother her any. I had to, of course, pick the stone up and rub in on my skin to see how bad it would feel. If you don't rub it over your skin too hard it doesn't feel too bad. :)

She might be on to something...


1 comment:

Stephanie said...

How funny! I guess she wants to make sure she keeps that baby softness to her skin!!! ;oD