Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Day 2 of My Facebook Sabbatical

Yesterday's withdrawals from Facebook were actually not that bad. I only brought Facebook up in every conversation that I had. And I HAD to ask everyone that I talked to if they had been on Facebook, but there were no convulsions nor sickness to my tummy. I made a lot of progress in the house. I reorganized and cleaned the younger two girls' room. Made it sparkly and new as Lulee, our 4 year old called it. Stella, the laundry mountain, has packed up and moved on. I Mopped and got the kitchen clean, cleaned the girls' bathroom where you could practically eat off the floor. Changed out the bedding in two bedrooms. I even had time to relax, watch shows, and spend time with the family....it was very nice to say the least. :)

Day 2: Today was not near as bad as yesterday. I woke up and didn't go for the phone right away. Didn't feel the urge to go to the computer to get on Facebook. I did think about everybody and the one's that had prayer requests and that are expecting babies.....wondering about that, but other than that I did pretty good. My sister-in-law sent me a text message saying that I could get new glasses if I go to this page on FB....(I thought she was joking with me) and I sent her a text back and said "Nice try". I went to Swagbucks, earned bucks without accidentally entering Facebook for my destination.

The biggest distraction that I had today to keep me from falling victim to running to the PC and getting the latest status updates was the visit to the dentist office. I went in to remove an old filling and get it replaced and get a cavity filled. It took a little extra numbing meds to get me good and numb with a fat tongue and big lips.....it even made my ear go numb. When they told me to bite down to get the bite adjusted right, I somehow bit my tongue so bad that it is now punctured and bruised, and is bruised about the size of a quarter. I would provide pictures, but I decided to not show such a graphic site. I can't even stand looking in the mirror. ;) It hurts!!! I can hardly talk, I sound like I've had waaaaay too much to drink and it is hard to eat. I think I'm going to resort to drinking my meals....guess I'll have to call Montel and ask him how to start juicing. Now's a good a time as any, right?!? I guess then I'll start having problems with IBS ;) Regardless, this distraction has proven to be a great one to keep me from giving two squats about Facebook.

No comments: