Monday, March 21, 2011

Reorganizing ~ One of my favorite things to do~Really!!!!

During the Lenten Season, it is a time to renew and cleanse our minds, body and souls. I have been trying to do that more and more. I've been reading the family our books that were given to us by the church and trying to pray more. I had set a plan of staying off Facebook for long periods of time and doing random acts of kindness throughout Lent. It was a little harder than I thought to get on Facebook and just get off. Once I was one there.....I was on there for a while and did not realize where the time had gone. Needless, to say it was time to reevaluate my plan, so I decided since the temptation was too great, I gave up FB altogether throughout the whole Lenten season and will not be back on it until Easter. I have even asked my smart, savvy, IT Hubby to disable the connection so I will not be able to get on it at all. That will be a long time, but it is definitely worth it. Now I will be able to get things done that I need to get done, spend time with my family and focus more on my "God time."

That being said, along with it being a time to renew and cleanse the mind, body and soul, it is also time for Spring cleaning. A time to renew and cleanse my house!!! Reorganizing and getting everything in tip-top shape is very refreshing and it gives me the ultimate feeling of accomplishment. I love this time of year. I love to clean and I love to throw away!!! I also love to neatly organize the articles of clothing that the smallest child will be able to wear in a couple of years in a clearly labeled, tightly sealed bin that gets put in the attic. When the bin is opened each season....it's just like Christmas going through it all!!!

We started this Spring cleaning by washing all the "new to us" clothing that we purchased at the Kid's Market. I put them all on the chair and couch of the living room until I was able to make room for them in their closet by taking out all the fall/winter clothing out. I cannot describe to you how much pleasure this gives me!!! Anyway, after the clothes were washed, Hubby, the kiddos and I hit the half off ribbon sale at Hobby Lobby so I could make hairbows for all the new outfits. I make them for my girls and I also sell them. It is a passion of mine and very therapeutic as well.

After getting all the Spring items washed and ribbons matched up to make hairbows.....into the younger two girls' closet I went. I had to pull all the Fall/Winter stuff out to make room for the Spring/Summer. Thankfully, at the last Kid's Market sale, which they do seasonally, we had purchased several items for Lulee our soon to be 5 yr. old, that she will be able to wear next year's Fall/Winter. So we are set.....and I love the fact that these items will be worn yet again, by our youngest child, Brynlea, who just turned 14 months!!! The price for two children's wardrobes this Spring with one going to be able to be worn twice was a total of 40 something bucks!!!!! Not bad huh?!?!


Up above are the clothes pulled out of the closet that were too small, but Brynlea will be able to use in a couple of years.




These are clothes that Lulee will be able to use next Fall/Winter.


I organized all the drawers.....they have a trundle bed that has drawers for storage underneath and I put Lulee's pajamas in the first drawer, shorts in the middle and she and Brynlea's shoes in the last drawer. We also have the dresser put in the closet sideways to make more space in the room and I reorganized all those drawers as well.

This picture was not rotated on my camera or even when I went to select it, however it chose, own its own to rotate and I am unable to fix it. Don't you hate when that happens??? I do!!!


After putting everything on hangers and getting everything just right.....the cleansing and renewing had taken place.....at least in the younger girls' room.


Here is the newly organized closet. Lulee's clothing on top, Brynlea's on bottom. Lulee is growing like a weed, soon her's will be on the bottom and Brynlea's switched to the top.




Here are all the hairbows I have made them, minus a couple that have gone M.I.A. They are on the inside wall of the closet above the dresser. I'm trying to figure out where I'm going to put the other ones that I make. May have to start filling up the wall on the other side. ;)



Here are all the Lulee's dance outfits that are hung
up on the right side of the closet all together so they
are very easy to find.


Now I have to move on to Mine and Ryan's and help Sadie, our oldest daughter who is 15 if she wants help....probably not, but I do love doing it. :) Then last, but not least I will do all of our storage closets, game/linen closet, towel/toiletry closet. Fun, fun, fun!!!

2 comments:

Teresa said...

that was wonderful and inspiring. miss u online but will check here to see how u are.

Mandy said...

Thanks Teresa. I did the organization all in one day, believe it or not. I miss you online as well, but the things you can do when you are not online for long periods of time, like me, are significant....no doubt. :)