Thursday, March 24, 2011

It's the little things that count...

Sometimes, or in our case, most of the time we are so busy taking the kids here and there, to and from the activities that they are involved in, along with trying to juggle their social schedules and even possibly squeezing in some adult socialization for us parental units, as well. ;) Sometimes it gets so hectic we forget whether we are coming or going, we forget to take the time to slow down and notice the small things in life that make us the happiest.

The kiddos have been sick for a little while. Both of the little ones have respiratory type viruses and the youngest one has an ear infection on top of it. So for a few days we've pretty much been housebound. I did, however, since she WAS fever-free for over 24 hours, let Lulee attend preschool yesterday. They both are still coughing, hacking and snotting everywhere.....but they have been so good about not really being able to go places. Lulee has asked to go to the park and she understands at this time, she is not able to. Once they are feeling better, it's on like Donkey Kong!!!.....We're talking parks, Barbie jeep rides, Greenway trails, the mall, you name it Baby!!!...Watch out.......we will be OUT and ABOUT!!!!

Today, I have enjoyed hearing the laughter from my children, seeing their sweet smiles, seeing the look of love in their eyes, the kind of look that says "thank you for taking care of me" without saying a word. I have shared special moments with each of them today and it's been one of those......"grab you by your heartstrings" kind of day.

I watch my oldest as she drives us to her school this morning. As she walks into the school's entrance these thoughts come across my mind...she is at the end of her sophomore year, with only two years left, knowing she is then out there in the world starting her journey into adulthood. I'm proud, yet I worry...I'm so happy to have the awesome time that we share together, yet I want more time with her being young. I am so amazed at the young lady she has become. Not only is she beautiful on the outside, she is beautiful on the inside. She has a wonderful since of humor and she makes great grades...she's got the complete package. I want to make sure to maintain a healthy awesome relationship with her throughout her teen years and on into adulthood.

As I watch our middle child, she is like a little sponge soaking up all the knowledge she possibly can and as fast as she can, learning from her older sister, from us, her family, preschool, church, t.v. She is so smart. I actually keep a word document full of conversations with her. She amazes me, but on top of her being so smart and how she impresses me and amazes me on a daily basis, she displays the best manners I have ever seen from a child her age. Such a tender and loving child she is.

I watch our youngest, full of excitement as she learns about this new world around her. Her face lights up with amazement and laughter over the simplest things. I love it. She is our last baby and I cling on to each sweet sentimental thing that she does. She is so loving as well, she will give you lots of hugs and kissies and will kiss her babies too. She's just so precious. And as I catch her watching me and Hubby out of the corner of my eye, it is such an amazing feeling knowing that she is watching us, learning from us, wants our approval and even at 14 months of age, she desires for us to show her how proud we are of her by just a little smile, wink of our eyes or clapping of our hands.

No matter how hectic and busy your life gets, you must stop and take time to smell the roses or in my case today pick some weeds.....those beautiful purple ones that look like flowers. I picked them for Lulee and she loved them so much. Just the look in her eyes made my heart smile. She said "Mom thank you so much for these lovely flowers" I said "I wanted to pick the beautiful flowers for my sweet and beautiful girl." I put them in a vase for her and she was so proud.....it's the little things. :)


No comments: