Saturday, March 26, 2011

T.G.I.F. can be underated.....

Yesterday, our Friday was full of errands and to be honest, felt more like a Monday to me.

er·rand : a short and quick trip to accomplish a specific purpose, as to buy something, deliver a package, or convey a message, often for someone else.

Why don't you call it like it really is......mini road trips that may last half a day if not all day long, and may consist of major amounts of drama.


I started my morning out as I normally do, taking my Sadie Bug to her bus stop, spending that little morning time with her, that's just mine and her time. Then back to the house to get the kiddos, myself and the puppy ready for our first mini road trip.

We arrive at the vet's office for our newest furry baby Chloe's last round of shots and have to sit in the waiting area....where they have kindly placed a gorgeous feline that is up for adoption right there for every child, especially mine, to see. My sweet 4 year old wanted this cat so bad. She harassed me the entire vet visit...she also did not feel the need to sit still as I struggled to hold our youngest child Brynlea and Chloe. She also felt like it was her duty to scream as loud as she could to let everyone know just HOW BAD she NEEDED this cat....."Mama, you don't have to do anything, but give it water, it will be mine, all mine!!!!!" This sweet child had more energy and more lung capability than all the puppies combined in this clinic. ;) She begged me for at least an hour to take this kitty home. I was very consistent with my answers, "NO, NO and NO!!!"

So the visit was finally over, THANK GOD!!! and we are heading to the front to pay, as I am still struggling holding little
Brynlea, Chloe in her carrier and Lulee's hand so she won't run off to pet everybody's dog, cat, and anything else that came in. We finally got checked out and as I instruct her every time, I told Lulee yet again, "Do not run in the parking lot, you could get hurt. There are other vehicles that will be coming in and going out. Stay with me." I hold her hand and everybody else all the way to the S.U.V. I put Chloe with her carrier in the front seat and I instruct Lulee to stay right by my leg as I put her sister in her car seat. As I have Brynlea half way buckled in Lulee starts to take off. I'm stuck in a predicament now. I can't grab Brynlea because she is partially buckled in, I can't leave her, she will fall out and end up on the pavement.

As I am screaming for
Lulee to come back to me, this man across the parking lot sees what is happening and points to where she is. She is completely on the other side of the vehicle with a truck coming in ON HER SIDE!!!! I finally have Brynlea fastened in and run over to where Lulee is, who thinks it's a game. I am screaming at this point...."Don't ever run away, we talked about this, don't you know what could have happened to you???.....on and on and on.....yada, yada, yada and you are going to be punished!!!!" She finally sees that I'm serious now and she is crying. As we are driving down the road, she starts sobbing and says in between the sobs "Mom, please don't banish me!!!!" I have to calm her down and explain that I'm not going to banish her, ha-ha!!! I'm punishing her, no t.v. for the day.

Then we finally get home, it felt like the longest drive home EVER, and we dropped Chloe off and then we took off again. We went on another mini road trip to get some fish from Captain D's for our Fish for Friday's during Lent. Then for another trip on over to the bank.....moving right along on over to
Lulee's preschool to pick up her spring pictures and her lunch box we forgot the other day.

Finally, the last trip we took was the trip going home and let me tell you, that was the best trip ever and I was so glad to be home!!!! We took a nap and relaxed and the bad part of the day faded away. Later on that night, we had the best time playing games together and just enjoying the rest of our night.

Yes this week, I think I would've rather have had two Mondays. ;)

No comments: