Friday, March 4, 2011

Last Day of My Facebook Sabbatical

Day 4 and last Day!!! : Today was an awesome day; however I am glad that it is my last day of the sabbatical and I'm proud to say "I MADE IT!!!" I actually followed through with the challenge that I made for myself. My willpower stayed strong and won!!!! To those of you who didn't think I could do it, I was secretly on your side at first. I didn't think I'd make it either, but I did and that's all that matters.

Today was another one of THOSE kind of days that actually provided a great distraction for me. This week has been full of them....Some good, some bad, some not so bad and today, sooo awesome!!!

This morning I was given the opportunity to read to Lulee's preschool class in honor of Dr. Seuss week. I dressed up as the Cat in The Hat and dressed Lulee and her baby sister Brynlea up as Thing 1 and Thing 2. I got them both red shirts, painted a white circle on them and took a black sharpie and wrote Thing 1 on Lulee's and Thing 2 on Brynlea's. I even dyed their hair blue with Kool-Aid and put their hair up all over their heads. They were a big hit. ;) Hubby made Thing 1 and Thing 2 cookies and I ended up reading 4 books, instead of the intended one, which was even more fun.





We stayed a little extra to help out with craft time. They were making an edible craft.

The Hat~ from (Cat in the Hat):
1 Ritz cracker
3 red life savers
white frosting
(per child, per hat)
You put the Ritz cracker on the bottom, put a layer of frosting on top, add a life saver, put a layer of frosting and repeat until you have three red life savers.It was a fun craft and the kids loved it. We had such fun time.



Then our oldest daughter texts and needed something brought to her at school....Muwahahaha!!!.....the evil laughter started in my brain and got the ideas brewing on how to embarrass her with my cat outfit on. We walked into her school, Hubby went first....with the camera recording her and I walked in after that with Thing 2 on my hip. You will just have to see the look on her face for yourself. It was priceless!!! We are still laughing over it!!!


3 comments:

Jamie Niebaum said...

Too bad you couldn't really see how good the blue hair turned out on the girls from the picture. That was cool.

Mandy said...

I know....I really thought the blue would show up better. Oh well, we had lots of fun anyway. ;)

Unknown said...

haha loved the face she dropped when she saw you coming her way :)