Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Has it been that long????

Wow!!! After One house sold, one house purchased, several birthdays celebrated, one kitty given away, a whole pregnancy and new baby who is now 13 months old, two new years resolutions made and broken, new puppy gotten .......I'M BACK!!!!

It has been a long while and boy have I missed writing on my blog. I miss pouring out what is on my mind. I miss sharing the funny stories that go on during the days or weeks. It seems that My life has recently been consumed with another form of writing. One that is short sentences. That occur all throughout the day on a social network. A social network called, none other than, FACEBOOK. That's right people, I'm am fully addicted to facebook and I admit it. You know the first step to getting over your problem is the "admitting."

Ok, so now that that first part is done, what to do next?!?! I mean I am on there ALL the time. I can't help it. Just one more post, one more comment, just let me add a picture. Yesterday I challenged myself openly to my FB friends and family that starting this morning I will stay off FB for the rest of the week. I even took a poll to see if they thought I could do it. The general consensus was "Yeah, good luck with that", "You know you can't do it", "Why would you want to torture yourself". Well, I wanted to do this because It's a battle against the will. I have to prove to myself that my willpower is stronger than my want...or NEED to get on and "socialize".

Day 1 : Extremely hard....first thing I did was grab my phone and go straight to FB, like it was an involuntary response. Had to put it down and tell myself, "OK Self, you made yourself a challenge and you've involved people now, you can't let yourself do this." So, Whew.....(wiping the sweat off my forehead) I made it through that one. Next, I come into the kitchen passing by my PC on the way....I go to the computer go to Swagbucks.....type in Facebook, again involuntary, realized what I did, deleted it and decided DANG I'm worse off than I thought. ;) I took my Sadie Bug to the bus stop this morning and noticed how beautiful the grass is getting. It's turning so green a sign that Spring is right around the corner. The first thing I wanted to do was to log into FB and put this as my status. AHHHHH!!!! This is just day 1!!!!! I am going to make it. :) I am making progress already. I got back to my blog, something I've wanted to do for a couple of years now and have made excuses as to why I haven't. I don't have time, I just don't have time. Well, now that I'm not on FB this morning, I've been able to write this post. Two year accomplishment made already on day 1.

Now, I'm planning on sharing this with FB, but I will not be on FB. I am getting off my computer, making plans to finish up Stella (my laundry mountain) and planning a day of fun with the Fam. :)

4 comments:

Susie said...

That was good. It was quite an entertaining read. Keep it up and you will survive your week.

Mandy said...

Thanks.....it's going good so far. :)

Jamie Niebaum said...

LOL, "Stella" :) Her evil twin lives in my guest bedroom! BTW, I'm addicted to facebook too!

Mandy said...

Yes Jamie, her evil twin's name is Starla and you've got to watch out for her....she's mean and she means business. Sometimes they'll gang up on you. ;) Maybe we should get a group together for our addiction. :)